Tuesday, May 19, 2009

return of the ankh

oh em gee
so mad at myself for saying that...!
im sure you can tell by now but i think im obsessed with erykah badu. ive been listening to her since mama's gun (thats all my parents would play in the hulk-our supersized green van w/ no ac or working radio).

to tell you the truth her story, her lifestyle, and her music have to be my biggest inspiration. (as far as my writing goes) Idk man i just love her vibe.

Anyway if you havent heard already she is releasing the second part to her "Amerykah" series in the fall. I am super excited. Since I missed her in Houston AND in Austin, I guess I owe her this much.
She is also about to go on another tour so if you are interested in finding tour dates....well heck i dont know where to tell u to go. im looking myself.
until then ill just keep listening to baduizm.
Sincerely,
danielle.

2 comments:

  1. I stopped listening to a while ago cause my sis was the one who turned me on to her and when india arie came out she started playing her all the time and I just listened to whatever she did cause she was older and in control of the radio lol I'm thinking I need to check out Miss. Badu's new stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl please do..
    she is literally off the chain.
    i listen to her daily.

    india arie is great too.
    shell be in houston friday but i cant go.
    they have two totally different styles of music but they both are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete